- unification of all trial-and application related research activities that were separate until 2003
- go to contact for companies, institutions, colleges, universities, state institutes, professional organisations- and societies
- supervision of diploma-, bachelor-, master studies, master apprenticeship through hands on trial work and supervision of research papers
- close relationship with the profession, handling of prevailing issues that are present or could develop in agronomy and crop science
- several projects with focus on immediate issues in the field under the conditions of the Saxon agriculture
- presentation and vindication of the results to the professional public, professionals, expert committees, crop science conventions a.s.o.
- separate own trial programs (go to offers and services)